Nil mode was an additional mode exclusive for Exxo Avalon added in 7.0 version. It could be activated by defeating Oblivion 10 times. On the tenth time, there should be a message, "The sky darkens..." It was however removed later due to unfixable bugs.
- Everything in Terraria has been buffed extremely so this means that slimes can harm and kill you even with the most OP gear in the mod.
- 2 new ores(Unvolandite and Vorazylcum but you could only get 1 type of ore depending on your world) will spawn upon smashing new altars called Nil Shrines(spawns after Oblivion's 10th defeat).
- The more you progress with Nil Mode, the harder it'll become.
Pumpkin Moon's OP buff:
- Trying to defeat the Pumpkin Moon Event on Nil Mode is almost impossible due to Nil Mode's buffs. For example, Pumpking bosses have as much health as Oblivion.
- Nil Shrines will spawn EVERYWHERE in your world when you defeated Oblivion on the 10th time
- The game glitches out(Guide Help Menu disappears/item disappears from Guide's Crafting Help Item Slot/game crashes/extreme lag) when you give the Guide NPC a Unvolandite or Vorazylcum Bar.
- You can't mine Unvolandite/Vorazylcum ore, even with Blah's Picksaw(425% pickaxe power) but you can mine both ores with Acceleration Drill(400% pickaxe power)